A plate of lamb saag (a traditional Indian dish of creamed spinach) is an absolute delight during the winter months. It is a hearty, nutrient-dense meal that is full of flavor and packed with protein!
This Primal take on the classic dish mimics the chopped and creamed greens of traditional saag with the rich organic kale, celery, parsley, and bok choy of our Healthy Green Smoothie Elixir. Primal Goat Milk, packed with vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and fatty acids, adds the creamy texture of the coconut milk and clarified butter found in your home-delivered saag plate. Finally, Primal Lamb nugget formulas offer the wild and smoky taste of a traditional protein with all the nutrients of a well-rounded meal.
If you’re ordering takeout, or even whipping up your favorite Indian recipe at home, treat your pet to their own delicious version of this savory treat. Follow along with Primal as we prepare a pet-friendly interpretation of this exotic dish to keep the whole family happy at dinnertime!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Primal Lamb Nuggets (frozen or freeze-dried), or your preferred complete formula
- Primal Goat Milk
- Primal Healthy Green Smoothie elixir
1. In a separate dish, thaw or mash out your pet’s typical amount of mealtime Primal nuggets, or prepare your usual complete formula.
2. In your pet’s serving dish, combine 3-6 spoonfuls of our Healthy Green Smoothie elixir with equal parts Primal Goat Milk, depending on the size of your pet.
3. Stir to combine.
4. Add Primal lamb nuggets to mixture of Goat Milk and Healthy Green Smoothie.
5. Serve immediately.