Many people across the country and around the world are now spending extra time at home. While our self-isolation has very real reasons behind it, our pets likely see it simply as an opportunity for more quality time with their favorite humans. And, we are all grateful for that silver lining!
At the same time, the home is also becoming a place for work, school, meals, and pretty much everything else. This has its joys, but also its obstacles, including making the time and space for–well, everything. Luckily, when your pup starts to get a little overexcited about your extra time at home, there are simple activities that can break up your dog’s day without throwing a wrench into your work time:
Take a break together!
A “break” could be a walk outside, a game of fetch, or just some simple snuggles. This one is pretty basic, but if you schedule multiple breaks throughout each day, it will give your pet something to look forward to, as well as establish a sense of normalcy for both you and your furry friend.
- Find the times and activities that work best for you and your furry friend. Everyone’s schedule is different!
- When walking outside, be sure to respect social distancing guidelines.
Get them thinking!
Interactive pet toys, such as treat-dispensing puzzles or tugging ropes, can help your pup stay busy for hours. There are toys that encourage them to manipulate objects, memorize patterns, or naturally forage around obstacles to find treats or small squeaker toys.
- Find a puzzle that fits your pet’s personality—they all have their preferences!
- Try adding our single-source protein treats for the best smart-puppy prizes!
Get them chewing!
High-quality marrow bones provide the ultimate chewing experience for your pet. These “recreational” bones can help exercise their jaws, massage their gums, and clean their teeth, while also providing your pet with essential amino and fatty acids.
- Recreational bones are not to be entirely consumed. Be sure someone is supervising!
- We recommend our beef and buffalo marrow bones for the best in quality and taste.