Pumpkin pie can be the centerpiece of many different holiday meals, including both Thanksgiving and Christmas. When the meal is over and the pies are filling the kitchen with the smell of cinnamon and nutmeg, don’t let your dog or cat feel left out! This Pet-Friendly Holiday Pie perfectly mimics a traditional pumpkin or sweet potato pie, but with all the easy digestion and nutritional benefits of Primal foods.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooling Time: 2 hours
- 10 Primal Frozen Nuggets (any flavor), thawed
- 16 oz Primal Edible Elixir Winter Squash Pureé
- 4 oz Primal Goat Milk
- 1 Tbsp raw honey (optional)
1. Using a fork, mash or mix the Primal nuggets into a pie pan, pushing against the sides and forming a crust.
2. Let pan and crust rest in refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
3. Blend together Winter Squash Pureé, Primal Goat Milk, and raw honey.
4. Pour mixture into pie crust, making sure it distributes evenly.
5. Store for 2 hours in the freezer to allow to firm up.
*optional: add crumbled freeze dried or grass fed gelatin for a firmer pie filling