It’s that time of year where we gather around dinner tables to enjoy turkey, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pies—and your pets can enjoy them too! Using wholesome, fresh ingredients, boost your pet’s bowl with some fun seasonal dishes designed specifically for pets. From stuffing to Christmas cookies, we have recipes for your furry friends to enjoy pet-friendly versions of your favorite holiday sides and desserts.
Holiday “Stuffing” for Dogs and Cats
When it comes to sides for your holiday feast, you can’t leave out the stuffing! Piled high alongside the turkey, mashed potatoes, and green bean casserole, this side dish has become an iconic staple for any plate. By using fresh, wholesome ingredients, it can also be a staple for your pet around the holidays!
- 1 cup Primal Raw Toppers (Butcher’s Blend or Market Mix)
- 4 oz Primal Bone Broth
- ¼ cup Shredded Raw Kale
- ¼ cup Minced Raw Celery
- Combine Raw Toppers, kale, and celery in a bowl and mix.
- Once ingredients are evenly combined, transfer from the bowl to a seasonal baking dish. (Remember, don’t cook raw pet food—the baking dish is just for presentation!)
- Top with Primal Bone Broth for a boost of hydration and flavor, then serve.
Holiday “Ice Cream Scoops” for your Pet
There’s nothing better than a slice of apple pie fresh out of the oven, topped with your favorite ice cream. A dash of cinnamon and warm gooey apples combined with the creaminess of melting ice cream makes for the perfect holiday dessert after a full day of savory main courses and side dishes. Using Primal Raw Goat Milk, your pet can also enjoy a scoop of “ice cream” for their meal “á la mode” during the holidays!
- Primal Raw Goat Milk
- Evenly pour Primal Raw Goat Milk into a spherical ice cube mold or dome-shaped silicone ice cube tray to mimic scoops of ice cream.
- Freeze until hard.
- Once frozen, your dog or cat can enjoy the frozen treat as-is for an after-dinner dessert, or you can add it to your pet’s food for an “á la mode” meal! These Goat Milk cubes will melt so it’s recommended to serve them in a bowl or outside to reduce mess!
Pet-Friendly Holiday Pie
One of the most iconic holiday desserts is pumpkin pie! It’s the perfect complement to a meal full of savory proteins and sides. This version allows your four-legged companions to enjoy a slice after their meal, or perhaps even as a meal for the holiday season!
Christmas “Cookies” For Dogs and Cats
Making cookies shaped like snowmen and ornaments has become a holiday tradition for a lot of families. Using fresh ingredients and holiday-themed cookie molds, your pets can enjoy starch-free cookies of their own!
Adding food that is nutrient-rich made from high-quality proteins plus Certified Organic produce is something that you and your pet will both be thankful for. As you sit down to a delicious holiday meal, we hope you try one of these recipes so your pets can have a taste of the season while enjoying all of the benefits of wholesome, fresh pet food.