Your pet’s gut is home to over 70% of its immune system, which is the network of cells that help fight off diseases and illness. Not surprisingly, this means that what your dog or cat is eating can have a dramatic impact on the strength and overall functionality of his or her immune system. The right nutrients delivered in the right way can lead to a robust immune system ready for anything.
To help you provide your furry friend with a strong defense system both inside and outside, we’ve compiled an Ultimate Guide to boosting your pet’s immunity with biologically-appropriate meals, toppers, and custom Primal recipes!
Potential Signs of a Weakened Immune System
- More prone to recurrent infections
- Failed response to conventional antibiotic treatments
- Stunted growth
- Excessive lethargy
- Lack of appetite
Talk to Your Vet
If you notice any of the above symptoms, call your trusted veterinary practice for medical advice. Don’t have a local vet yet? Here’s our vet locator of Primal-supportive partners.
Primal Products to Promote a Robust Immune System
- Primal’s Raw Goat Milk contains beneficial probiotics, living enzymes, and healthy digestible fats that nourish your pet’s gut, which is the foundation of its immune system response.
- Our Healthy Green Smoothie is bursting with organic power greens, which are rich in antioxidants, as well as seeds and oils that provide omega fatty acids and medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) to support a healthy body.
- Our sustainably-sourced Bone Broth adds necessary moisture to your pet’s diet and is full of micronutrients designed to support your dog and cat’s most vital organs.
Immune Support Smoothie Recipe
- The Immune Support Smoothie is a nourishing combination of our bowl-boosting supplements, including our Healthy Green Smoothie, Goat Milk, and Bone Broth. Taken as one, these whole food supplements provide immunity-boosting resources to support your pet’s skin & coat, gut, respiratory tract, and overall health!
Primal Blogs About Your Pet’s Immunity
- As we mentioned, your pet’s gut and your pet’s immune system are closely intertwined. Curious how to best support your pup’s microbiome, and in turn support their immune response? We put together 4 simple ways to restore your pet’s gut health!