The frenzy of meal preparation and enticing scents of Thanksgiving dinner often means that both human and animal guests will find their way into the kitchen for a sneaky taste (or lucky accidental spill). However, much of the food that we consume on this annual feast is not always pet-friendly. Luckily, with these recipes, you can let your furry friend join in on the festivities!
Pet-Friendly Shepherd's Pie
Nothing quite emulates the term “comfort food” like Shepherd’s Pie! Typically served with ground beef topped with mashed potatoes, this dish highlights our Raw Frozen Formulas and has been adapted to give your pet the joy of this savory pie—without worry!
- 6-8 Raw Frozen Nuggets, Thawed
- 2 Tbsp Power Greens Fresh Topper
- ¼ Cup Pronto Formula
- ¼ Cup Raw Goat Milk
- Fresh Parsley
- Roughly mix Raw Frozen Nuggets, Power Greens FT, & Pronto, making sure Pronto pieces stay intact
- Top with Raw Goat Milk
- Freeze for 2+ hours or until set
- Garnish with parsley, slice, & serve!
Cranberry Cubes for Cats and Dogs
A seasonal staple, cranberry sauce is renowned for being a sweet, tart treat to balance an otherwise hearty and rich meal. In our take on this side, we turn the temperature down a few notches while still maintaining the antioxidants found in real cranberries.
- ½ Cup Cranberry Blast Goat Milk+
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Cranberries, Mashed
- Combine Cranberry Blast Goat Milk+ & Fresh Cranberries
- Pour into ice cube mold
- Freeze for 2+ hours & serve!
Pet-Friendly Green Bean Casserole
For many on Thanksgiving, there’s much ado about stuffing, but all that starch isn’t the best fit for our pets’ bellies! Another fan favorite, the green bean casserole, is the inspiration for this pet-friendly rendition of a seasonal favorite, without onions or garlic (which should never be given to cats or dogs)!
- Steam green beans & chop into bite-sized pieces
- Add Butcher's Blend Raw Toppers & gently mix
- Crumble Freeze-Dried Nuggets & sprinkle over top
Pet-Friendly Sweet Potato Casserole
Whether you like them mashed, candied, with marshmallows, or in a pie, there are few tables that skip out on this side during one of the biggest meals of the year. We’ve taken out the refined sugar but left the nutrients and tastiness of the sweet potatoes in, so you can serve this up to the sweetest furry side-kick in your life!
- Bake or boil sweet potato & let cool
- Add Raw Goat Milk & Awesome Squash Fresh Topper & mix well
- Top with cinnamon & serve!
When you gather together this year, we hope that no matter what your favorite part of the meal is, you are part of a celebration, large or small, where the eats are delicious and the appreciation is palpable! Enjoying a day with loved ones to give gratitude is a tradition we certainly co-sign on, especially when it comes to giving thanks for and including our cherished pets!
For more pet-friendly holiday recipes, check out our previous recipes! Be sure to share your creations with us on social media using the hashtag #PrimalRecipes.